I got my International Driving Permit today. It basically looks like an old brochure-booklet with my picture pasted to it and a couple of semiofficial-looking stamps on it. It seems to me like it would be easy to doctor one of these up!
I'm trying to find a compass-thermometer keychain. I'm not really sure why, it's just that this one list that I'm consulting says I should have one. Perhaps for getting lost. Which is perfect, because knowing where I am oriented in relation to the cardinal directions will surely be helpful... not. I found one at Canadian Tire but it was $7 and I'm too cheap to spend 7 dollars on such a thing unless it were to function as an alarm clock as well.
I ordered currency today! Yay! I picked up some other small supplies too. There's still some major work to do though--acquire a cell phone and corresponding SIM cards to use while I'm away, buy a new camera, research rental vehicles, practise driving a manual transmission, and get more of a plan together for what kinds of things I might want to see. Things are looking kind of blurry right now, but less blurry than yesterday and the day before that.
PS
The commonly used phrase "T minus 3 weeks" would in actuality refer to 3 weeks after my trip started. That is why I said "T plus 3 weeks".
I'm going to need to see proof that T-Minus isn't used for a countdown. I was always under the impression it was used for rocket launches... T-minus 3:00 is three minutes to launch... no?
ReplyDeleteYou know, I think the source I used for the T-plus thing was shoddy. I just found an article on the NASA website titled "Countdown 101" and they refer to the time before the blastoff as "T-#"
ReplyDelete