Thursday, September 23, 2010

8 more sleeps......

When I said in my last post that it was getting harder to breathe, I really wasn't kidding. And it's hard to breathe right now too. I constantly feel my heart fluttering in my chest, just thinking about what I got into. Nevertheless, onward ho!

There's a bunch of trivial last-minute things to do that don't sound very glamorous. Dye my hair (because in 3 weeks time, I won't want to be running around Europe with dreadful roots), gather up all the addresses of the people I want to send postcards to, acquire those, borrow this, sew that, tie up some loose ends, etc.

Did I mention that there's only 8 MORE SLEEPS until I get on that plane to Chicago? (And then have a 9 hour layover before I board the plan for DUBLIN?!) Let's think about this, folks... My head is literally going to hit the pillow 8 MORE TIMES before I leave (not including naps)! Insanity! I cannot communicate the sensation of butterflies clogging up my chest cavity well enough.

Now about this 9 hour layover... yes, I could probably phone someone to ask about moving my flight around, but I kinda want to venture out into Chicago for the day. It'll be nice to be back there! And how many people visit Chicago on their EuroTrip? Probably no one!

No comments:

Post a Comment