Tuesday, September 21, 2010

10 more sleeps!....

....and it's sure getting tough to breathe, these days. I'm serious--it actually feels like I can't get enough breath into my lungs. That is a sure sign that there is some anxiety going on in my head!

What is there to update since my last post? A lot of thinking. My original trip was to stick exclusively with Ireland and England, but I decided, what the heck--I have a whole month, and Europe isn't geographically built like Canada, so at the very least, I may as well see how many countries I can tag in that allotted time.

I went driving with my brother a few days ago, and it went so smoothly. But he claims that his Golf is super easy to drive without stalling. I was doing very well, until I came to a stop at a busy 4-way stop and tried to start in third (accidentally). Flustered by the subsequent stall, it took me another 5 tries to get going again. And my brother was surprisingly good about it! He helped me keep my cool for sure.

I haven't done much researching in the car-hire-Ireland department, probably because I'm afraid of what I'm going to find. One article I read suggested budgeting $750 per week of using a rental car. If that figure is in any way realistic, forget the car! I guess my biggest worry is figuring out exactly what type of insurance is necessary without grossly overpaying.

Getting nervous!

2 comments:

  1. Why don't you just use public transit? It's a lot better over there than here, and then just rent a car for a few things here and there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's kind of the plan... I'm only using the car in Ireland to explore the countryside and because a bus ticket to get from Dublin to the west coast isn't much cheaper. I'll for sure be exclusively using public transit for France, Belgium, Germany, etc.

    ReplyDelete