Saturday, September 25, 2010

My First Booking!

I'm already learning my lesson and I haven't even left the province yet. Did you know that you pay 20% more on a Eurail pass when you purchase it when you're actually IN Europe? So now I have to pay a $35 fee to have it EXPEDITED because I didn't bother ordering one yet. Oh well.

Despite my mother's urgings, which usually causes me to act contrary to her will, I have decided to book my hostel in Dublin. My logic originally was, "I'm arriving in Dublin at 8 AM... I have all day to find a hostel". But I was reading on one of my favourite go-to sites, backpackeurope.com, and the writer said that when arriving on a Friday or Saturday, it's best to have your accommodations booked ahead of time. This contradicts the free-spirited policy that I'm trying to enact for my trip, but I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunities to be spontaneous.

So here it is, folks:
The Abbey Court hostel. It is right near the Temple Bar District, which is Dublin's answer to Winnipeg's Osborne Village. I usually don't count myself as 'hip' enough to frequent Osborne Village, but I'm giving this District a go! I've heard a lot of good things about it. Apparently it's bumpin'!

6 more sleeps! aaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment