Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh no! Winding down!

I'm still currently in Mexborough, UK. I've had invaluable personal tours around this town and been given lessons on some of the history--and the best part of all is that I'm not surrounded by throngs of other tourists. I was taken to a church which still contains parts that were built in the 11th century. Try finding something that old in Canada!

Next up is Conisborough Castle--it is the best example of a Norman castle. Then I'll be carving pumpkins with my new cousins' kids tonight--I am beyond excited. Then I board a train tonight and head for Edinburgh! Wooo!

The change of pace while staying with my family has been a welcomed break. Not only have I been struggling to recover from bronchitis, but it's nice not having to look over my shoulder and lock up my things just to go to sleep. I've been enjoying learning about the subtle cultural differences between here and North America. The most interesting is the space constraints...

1 comment:

  1. ...would've thought that the food would have been a bit of an adjustment.you been just eating at McDonaldds? :D

    ReplyDelete