Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Berlin, Baby

Yep, in Berlin now! I have to say, landing in Berlin was 10 times more exciting than landing in Dublin for some reason. Was it because I was a zombie when I landed in Dublin, or was it my heart's desire to see the fatherland? I think it's a little from column a, and a little from column b. This is making me rethink the plans I make for after Berlin.

By the time I got settled in my hostel, it was after 4pm local time. I asked the front desk gal what is good to see in the area, and it just so happens that I was two steps away from the famed East Side Gallery. I'd never heard that name before today, but basically, it's a bunch of art on what used to be a section of the Berlin Wall. Not bad for my first day!

Tomorrow I'm planning on going on a concentration camp tour... I'll get to see some roll call place, a place of execution/crematory, and other such things. Should be good!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if it is Sachenhausen camp... This is where we went... very interesting... our tour guide was Ralph! Nice young man with really great English... If it is have fun! Make sure you tour the Kaa de Wee... really great shopping! The Brandenburg gate and city tour is very interesting too. You will find alot of the restaurateurs are Muslim, and Arab nationality... I found that very strange. The best treats are at the bakeries.... yum... have fun girlie & be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure that you get to the Nurnburgreung!! (apologies for spelling)

    ReplyDelete